DOE has released a Loan Guarantee Solicitation Announcements through the Loan Guarantee Program. The funding amount is up to $750 million in subsidy costs, provided by the Recovery Act, to support loans for large transmission infrastructure projects in the U.S. that use commercial technologies and begin construction by September 30, 2011.
Click here for the full announcement.
An eligible project under this Solicitation is a complex electric transmission systems project located in the United States (“Transmission Infrastructure Investment Project”) that (i) utilizes a Commercial Technology, (ii) is reasonably likely, at the time of the submission of the Part I application, to commence construction on or before September 30, 2011, (iii) meets all applicable requirements of the Recovery Act, this Solicitation and Attachment G, (iv) cannot be financed from private sources on standard commercial terms, and (v) meets at least one of the following criteria:
1. The project involves new or upgraded lines of at least 100 miles of 500 kilovolts (kV) or higher or 150 miles of 345 kV.
2. The project has at least 30 miles of transmission cable under water.
3. The project has a high voltage direct current (DC) component.
4. The project is a major interregional connector.
5. The project is designated as a National Interest Electric Transmission Corridor by DOE under the Energy Policy Act of 2005, Pub. L. No. 109-58.
6. The project is associated with offshore generation, such as open ocean wave energy, ocean thermal, or offshore wind.
7. The project mitigates a substantial reliability risk for a major population center.
8. A set of improvements to an integrated system within a State or region that together aggregate to meet the criteria in
Projects that support the generation of power from renewable energy sources will receive special consideration.
Part I submissions are due September 14, 2009. Part II submissions are due in three rounds: First Round Part II Submission is due October 26, 2009; Second Round Part II Submission is due December 10, 2009; and Third and Final Round Part II Submission is due January 25, 2010.
In submitting applications through FedConnect for the Loan Guarantee Solicitation Announcements, applicants must complete the following:
• Obtain a Dun and Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (“DUNS”) number,
• Obtain a North American Industry Classification (“NAIC”) number,
• Register with the Central Contract Registration (“CCR”), and
• Register with FedConnect.
Applicants are highly encouraged to allow at least 21 days to complete the steps above.